Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I knew we forgot something.

There was no school yesterday, Monday, March 9th.  Today, the 10th, is the first day after daylight savings that we had to get up for school.  As I get up, I realize I'm cold.  But that's hardly out of the ordinary, so I put on some socks and go to wake up the kids.  Only after each one of them complains for the third time, as they huddle close to the fireplace, that they are freezing, do I think to check the thermostat.  65 degrees ... Yep, they're cold alright.  

I guess we didn't think to change the time on the thermostat.  But it's the digital age!  Why can't those things change by themselves?   As the kids get ready to walk to the bus, we are all noticing it's kinda dark outside.  I guess daylight savings also means a change in daylight.  (who'd a-thunk?) I tell them walking to the bus in the dark builds their character and walking to the bus in the snow in the dark builds it even faster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment