Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pet shops, forgetting, and paint.

Susanna and Alyssa played a game where one child would hide several Pet Shops, very small plastic animals, around the house and then the other child would look for them. After Alyssa had hidden them, Susanna found them all except one but now Alyssa couldn't remember where she'd put it.

After telling me she hid it and forgot it, I suggested to her that she retrace her steps. This is a common theme in kids cartoons, so I knew it would be familiar to her and hopefully helpful.

She replied somewhat sarcastically, "maybe if I had paint on my feet that would be a good idea". But then she walked straight to where she had hidden to the Pet Shop.

So I saved the day with my suggestion though I got a sassy little comment back in return for such great wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment