When you write a blog, you write about the daily happenings of your life. The last 18 months of my life have mostly involved illness, and I've tried hard to keep that out of my blog except as generic updates to my family and friends.
But today I'm breaking my own rule and blogging about the one thing that has remained constant throughout my illness ... my fickle stomach.
Now if there ever was a way a stomach could feel, I've felt it. You've heard of people whose "I'm full" button doesn't work so they eat and eat ... I've been there. That stomach flu feeling where all food makes you sick ... been there too. Hunger, pain, lack of appetite, constant raving appetite, cravings, nausea ... you're preaching to the choir honey. I've eaten food that tasted like rocks and the same food that was the most glorious, beyond description food I've ever experienced in my life.
Usually these feelings last a month or so each before a new one creeps in. But this past week, my fickle stomach is flip flopping hourly. Late night commercials for burgers make me sick, yet morning yields a desire for the entire IHOP menu. Pizza commercials have me running for my car keys, yet by lunch time I want nothing to do with anything remotely edible.
The unpredictability is driving me crazy. I've just knocked back 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I'm contemplating a drive to Burger King - a secret drive without my children. I wonder how long before they'd notice I was gone? Yet the thought of cooking and eating dinner makes me hide under my blankets.
There's no moral to this story ... just me venting. I guess if you're lucky enough to have a normal stomach, well, count yourself lucky. Maybe I'll ask Santa for a normal stomach for Christmas and hope for the best.
My condolences to your stomach - sounds like a roller coaster. Interesting how when you don't feel great, it's usually your stomach that is the first to let you know. Food - such a headache and joy all rolled into one. What will it be like in the next life,,,
ReplyDelete