Friday, March 20, 2009

It's not like we're roommates...

Recently, during a discussion of how I much I was enjoying connecting with people through Facebook, my brother made a comment that has made me think a bit.

"I don't need to know they are eating toast" he says.  "It's not like we're roommates."  But I have to disagree.  I like knowing that people are eating toast because I eat toast too.  Or listening to little ones cry over piano lessons because mine cry too. I like knowing others are doing home improvement projects just like I am.  One of my favorite posts was a friend who stayed up way too late because she was enjoying the quiet that comes with finally getting all the kids to sleep. That happens to me almost every night!  

I like knowing that my life is the same as everyone else's ... in it's own way of course.  I like knowing I'm normal, not alone in my routine life endeavors, and my life is just as it should be at the moment.  

So here's to bathrooms that need to be scrubbed,  spaghetti for lunch that didn't quite cook long enough and is just a smidgen too hard, and chocolate milk that is gone an hour after I buy it.    

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on that one! I think it's fun to see other people's everyday lives--in some magical way it makes my life feel less everyday to me, and at the same time it makes me feel normal... so FYI, I am still wearing pajamas and it is past noon. :)

    ReplyDelete