Monday, July 20, 2009

24 hours down ...

Well, it's been 24 hours since I last talked with Lance. We've been apart before for longer than that, but never out of contact. He dutifully calls me each night he may be gone and let's me prattle on about all the mundane things we did that day. And I tend to prattle in triplicate. Not to mention while he's at work I instant message him half a dozen times throughout work hours. But today ... nothin'.

But since he and the guys left for their camping trip, I haven't heard from him. I guess I'll prattle here.

Great news: I got a job! It's a part time (so every other day) junior math job specifically teaching the "at risk" kids at a charter school in Draper. I'm really excited though I realize at some point it'll hit me that I actually have to GO to work each day now, well, every other day at least.

I still can't breathe very well. Mowing the back yard weeds as cause upheaval in my lungs. I've got dirt and pollen and probably a couple of grasshoppers in there too. Yesterday, Sunday, I couldn't even talk. I went on voice silence for the rest of the day hoping that this morning I'd least be able to talk in my job interview. I did decide to haul in a bag of cough drops and did my entire interview with a cough drop in my mouth. I did get to explain it was the backyard dust and not the swine flu at least.

What else? Now that my job interview is over ... I'll probably be up until 2:00 a.m. I never can sleep when Lance is gone. I desperately made myself sleep last night at 11:30 knowing I shouldn't show up to an interview coughing and hacking AND zombie-like-from-absent-husband-no-sleep. But tonight all such stress is gone and I'll be awake most the night. Though I am really tired from last night's late night, and the intense focus of a job interview, and I could always take some Nyquil for my cough ... maybe I'll get to bed sooner rather than later tonight.

Anyways ... I need to hunt down my children from the wilds of the neighborhood. Night!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the job! That's exciting! I hate when Jacob goes out of town--I can't ever sleep well when he is gone either.

    ReplyDelete