Friday, July 10, 2009

Is it just me ...?

Is it just me or does everyone else get tired of the repetition of advertisements. Here's some examples of things I can do without seeing about or hearing about again:

#1. Losing weight from the magazines at the checkout aisle. Is it just me but don't you think if those tips worked, everyone would lose weight and the magazines wouldn't need to run weight loss articles each month?

#2. Make $20,000 a month - I do! Come on, if you really had a job that made that much and could share it with everyone, we'd all be making that much. Is it just me or do you suspect they "make" that money when you send in your $20 to "buy" their packet of how they make so much?

#3. Laundry ads that claim to clean kids clothes better. I'm sure their "cleaner" version of the shirt is simply a new shirt that's never once been washed.

#4. The commercial with the two bathtubs on the top of the mountain with the sunset. Seriously, who took those tubs up there? What vehicle did they haul them in? And where did the water come from? And where do you store them at home between mountain excersions?

#5. Nutrasystem ads. I actually believe systems where they deliver food do work. If you only ate what they send you, you'll lower your caloric intake. But Marie Osmond has, like, 8 children. What are they eating? Is Marie cooking dinner for her 8 kids and then just not eating any of it? If you have that much will power to not eat what your large family is eating, than you don't need Nutra System, you need to just eat less of what you're already cooking.

Side note: I have loved that Susanna is interested in cooking for the family. But now she wants to cook cookies and brownies and she informed me last night she needs to learn how to bake a cake. How am I supposed to ignore all these sweets when she brings them to me on a plate and says, "For you momma-pajomma because I love you so much"?
30 pounds, here I come!

#6. New and improved cleaners. It's 2009 and I don't believe for one second that a couple more years of testing is making my window cleaner that much better. It's just a ploy for neat people to run out and buy another bottle of "even better" cleaner.

Now what I could use is a bathtub in the mountains (one that hauls itself around of course) that cleans my clothes and house and children, makes $20,000 a month, and promote spontaneous weight loss. That, I think, is a product I may actually need.

No comments:

Post a Comment