Since gaining the age of 18 I've held a calling in the church (minus a couple of months here and there). Eighty percent of these callings have been in the Primary. Today marked another "rite of passage" of working in the Primary.
The Primary Program.
I am guessing it's my 10th ... or 12th. I've played the piano for some, written some, orchestrated the logistics of some, been a teacher for some, and lastly, as I did today, lead the music for some.
It's another proverbial notch in the belt. If I were to imagine walking through the Pearly Gates like an airport, it would go something like this:
You wait in line for a while, trying to be patient as you wait at the beginning of your journey. Eventually you reach the employees who instruct you to empty your pockets and remove your belt. As you walk through the detectors numbers will flash on a big screen.
"Ah, 24 Primary Programs completed, please walk this way."
or
"15 Girl's Camp's attended - follow the green arrows please"
or
"3,692 meetings attended, go to gate M"
or
"147 pans of funeral potatoes baked"
or
"18 months served consecutively in Nursery on three separate occasions - you've earned a cookie and a nap."
or one of any other numerous services done while serving in the church.
No, of course, it won't be like the airport. But the Primary Program does celebrate the end of another year, the mastery of another gospel doctrine, and the collective sigh of relief all of Primary workers everywhere.
That program was wonderful!! The kids did a fantastic job. Kudos to you and the rest of the leaders for organizing it and working with the kids to make it happen. It's too bad we can't bring a video camera to the meetings because I would have loved to have that one taped. :-)
ReplyDeleteI also would love to have video tapes off all of them as a way to preserve the memories.
ReplyDelete