It's 9:00 at night and I'm waiting for my kids to go to sleep. This is a difficult process typically, especially in the summer when they don't have quite so much to do as during the school year and they aren't as tired. Especially during a summer where their mother, me, has had to scale back and just can't quite keep them busy enough.
This past week I my prednisone dose was scaled back 33% and the auto-suppress drugs were doubled. Let me just say that even though I've been doing spectacularly well, ... well ..., not every day is spectacular. I've felt it this week. It took me 36 hours to absorb the effect of double the auto-immune drug. I imagine its like increasing your weights in a lifting program. It's good for you and makes you stronger, but you feel the extra weight. I've felt the extra effort. I wondered how the "next step of natural healing" was going to happen. I don't wonder so much now. But I'm ok with this step down, a little bit more effort, don't feel quite as good step, because at least it's the next step. It's nice to be progressing even if just a little.
On a second note, my oh-so-awesome license plates are here. The day after ordering "314159", I got a call from the head license plate lady who told me I couldn't have the number because somewhere, "314 159" might be out there. Apparently the space doesn't count as a permutation ... a fact I will have to point out to my junior high Algebra students.
So after sleeping on the problem, I called her back the next day with this fix "3P14159".
Today they arrived. As I pulled them open from their package I couldn't help but wonder how I am the first person to order these plates. Surely SOMEONE else wants it? No? Just me? Really, just me?
One a third subject ... my rheumatologist told me the other day that I was an interesting case. I laughed and said, "Finally, I'm interesting!" He gave me the strangest look and mouthed the word "finally?". I said it again to my family doctor yesterday. "Doctor, I'm actually interesting now". He laughed too and assured me that I was probably always interesting. Note to doctor: see custom license plate above and re-evaluate. LOL!
Jena,
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the journey you have been through these last few months. Having a diagnoses is good and I am happy to hear you are getting to scale back some meds.
Bekah