Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Doin' good

It's 9:00 p.m. and Lance is in his third day of being in California.  More importantly, I am in MY third day of running the house and kids all by myself.  I know this sounds simple, but I haven't done anything by myself really in the last two years.

But this week I'm flying solo.  Right now I'm trying to stay awake for another half hour until it's bedtime.  I usually fall asleep between 8 and 9, so making it all the way to 9:30, and doing it for the third night in a row, is a challenge.

We're doing fine really.  I've fed my kids their favorite foods that we do not eat when Lance is around - read beef stroganoff - and they've loved it so far.  We have a pumpkin pie in the oven and Alex just got back from scouts.  A normal night in any other family, but a tremendous accomplishment for me.

I was reading a past blog about my fickle stomach and all the problems it's given me over time.  I'm happy to say I haven't had any problems in 8 - 10 weeks now.  I finally feel normal!  I've missed feeling normal so much and it's wonderful to feel like yourself again.  I find myself wishing other aspects of my life were normal, such as my job, well, mostly my job I guess, but I'm trying to be patient.

I've got 10 minutes to go until bed time ... now 9 while I sit and think of other things to type.  I guess I'll go check on my pie.  Yep, the timer is beeping ...

No comments:

Post a Comment