Every store, every restaurant, every place we went was empty. We were followed by salespeople looking at us like sad, lonely puppies. More than one place told us they were thinking of closing down due to slow business.
As long as we don't actually GET swine flu, it was a great vacation. It helps me remember that I am more than the sum of my chores.
EDIT: 24 hours after coming home Alyssa came down with a sudden fever. As a precaution, I took her to the doctor. He claimed he didn't believe it necessary to test every fever for Swine Flu, especially as it required a "long q-tip down the nose". Ewww! I do agree with him on that point and so far it's only a fever. So she gets to stay home from school, drink lots of gatorade, and eat her dinner on the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment