Friday, August 14, 2009

The great summer: a recap.

Ah! The last day of summer. Monday I return to work and Thursday the kids return to school. I wanted a written recap of the great summer we've had. So here it goes:

We went swimming alot. Alyssa learned to doggie-paddle and swim underwater.

We went to the zoo and saw the new baby giraffe. Alex was quiet for 10 whole minutes while watching it!

We rode trax to Salt Lake City and ate at Burger King (that wasn't the objective by-the-way, just a necessity that happened spontaneously).

I restained my front porch bench to match my front door and porch railings.

Our front yard grass is growing beautifully.

We had 19 kittens - so cute!

We registered our vehicles with Utah plates.

Got new Utah driver's licenses again. My driver's license number is the same as it was before I moved and I still had it memorized.
Booo-yah! *fist pump*

We went to Idaho and saw 4th of July fireworks by the Snake River.

Donated a bunch of stuff which cleared out some space in my closet.

Planted a peach tree. Patiently waiting for juicy peaches.

Eaten bacon and tomato with home grown tomatoes. Life doesn't get any better people.

Finished hanging blinds in all the windows on the main floor. Light in the day, privacy at night.

Reassigned half my chores to the children. *evil laugh* Muh ha ha ha!

Started a blog.

Got a part time job as a math teacher.

Watched 10 "Kids Club" movies (a movie every Tuesday) at the theatre with the kids, Grandma Christensen, Ethan, and Mary.

Played in the new fountain water park in Highland. Well, kids played. I sunburned.

The girls went camping with Grandma and Grandpa Gregory.

Alex earned his Webelos and Arrow of Light. Ceremony is up and coming later this month.

Here's to a great summer and anticipating a great rest of 2009!


No comments:

Post a Comment