I've given up with the mandatory extreme cleanliness required to get rid of the fruit flies. Though I did TRULY enjoy how clean it all was, it's just unrealistic to keep it 100% clean 100% always. I resorted to a can of "Black Fog" flying insect spray. The results have been good. I found dead fruit flies as proof that it was working and didn't see a single alive one last night (after spraying the house twice).
However, this morning I found a several of them partying over the sink and I, myself, feel very strange as well.
Now, for all you who don't realize this, I often feel very strange. It's common for me to just ignore how I feel as I know that half of it isn't really real but rather imagined. As I ran through my mental list of all the things that make me feel "off" for the day, one new idea occurred to me. Maybe I was slightly poisoned by spraying this bug spray twice in my house? It does warn against skin exposure and I did feel droplets on my arms. It warns against inhalation and I certainly inhaled (insert your own joke about inhaling and presidents of the US here!).
All I know is that I had an off day in Primary, I'm restricted from making decisions about the state of my life (I make mountains out of molehills on days where I don't feel good - I restrict my decision making ... it's standard procedure) and I STILL have fruit flies in my kitchen. Argh!
Those things are horrible to get rid of. We had lots too.
ReplyDelete