Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pigs do fly!

Last night, out of the clear blue sky, Alex put on his boots and coat and took the garbage out of his room out to the garbage can in the garage. 

All ... by ... himself. *shocking gasp*

The girls told me 15 minutes later that Alex was cleaning his room because it was too messy to play in.

All ... by ... himself.  *shocking disbelief*

As I was asking Alyssa to lay down on her bed, she whined to me ... begged, "but I want to clean" as she actually put dirty laundry IN the laundry basket.

As much as I've always longed to hear those words from my children, I told her tenderly ('cause I'm a good mom mind you ... lol) that sleeping was more important at the moment and I promised we would be sure to clean tomorrow.

I've been priveledged to be part of some unexplained, aliens made me do it, planets lined up, blue moon, pigs-really-do-fly event where cleanliness possessed my children and beguiled them to clean their own rooms.

2 comments:

  1. Kids really will do anything to stay up later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy day of rejoicing and bliss!

    ReplyDelete