Sunday, September 2, 2012

A New Beginning

My mom always says she liked fall the best out of the year.  It was a time of beginning, when the kids all go back to school and we start a brand new academic year.

I have to admit I feel the same this year.  It really has been a new beginning for me. Summer is over and a new school year begins.  I have a new job at a new school.  So far I've really liked my job.  Everyone at this new school knows my actual name.  No one calls me Jenna.  I had several teachers at the my last school still calling me Jenna even after three years.  At Oak Canyon Junior everyone, from the principal to all the math teachers,to the computer tech guy and the copy lady all can say my name correctly.  It's like they had a get together to practice or something.  I've never been so impressed.

My new job consists of two parts.  One day I teach and the other day I am a teacher's aide.  Those who followed me last year knew I was a teacher aide and I hated every single minute of it.  Luckily this year is different than last.  For one, I do teach.  Two, I help out 6 other teachers and they all have work for me to do. I can go where I want and do whatever work needs to be done.  Last year, there was no work for me to do and I was stuck in each classroom with nothing to do until the bell rang.  This year, if I get tired of working for one teacher I get up and leave and go work on my own school stuff for awhile.

So here's to a new beginning this September.  I know I've waited a long time for it and I plan to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment